Saturday, May 4, 2013
Peanut Butter & Coconut Apple Treat
Snacks are always fun - gotta have them. This one is super simple, super easy, and super healthy - just the way I like it!
2-3 green apples (granny smith)
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/8+ cup peanut butter
1. Mix coconut oil and peanut butter together.
2. Heat over pan, if needed to soften up some. But don't overheat otherwise it'll never stick to the apples. You want it to be fairly thick.
3. Slice apples.
4. Spread peanut butter coconut oil over top of apple ... only the top because it'll just slide off.
5. Work fairly quickly. That coconut oil melts pretty fast.
6. Slip the apples in the freezer for 10 minutes and they're ready to eat!
...wish I topped it off with some finely shredded coconut before slipping them into the freezer. That would have been pretty ... and a bit more fun to eat.
*You could add 1/2 tsp of raw honey to the peanut butter mixture for extra sweetness but my kids loved them the way they were.
**Also, if you don't like the sour apples - use other apples instead.