I just realized that I don't think I've ever posted a recipe for almond milk...
What you'll need:
1/2 cup almonds
vanilla (alcohol free)
sweetener: 2 T. sucanat / 10 drops liquid stevia
sheer fabric (or use a "nut milk bag" - find one online)
1. Soak almonds in 2 cups of filtered water the night before (for 8+ hours).
- - - -
2. After the 8 hours, drain water.
3. Place almonds in high speed blender.
4. Fill up with 4 cups water.
5. Blend (2-3 times).
6. Place colander over bowl.
7. Place sheer fabric over colander.
8. Pour almond mixture into the fabric.
9. Pull corners of fabric up and gently squeeze almond milk into bowl.
10. Rinse blender container.
11. Pour almond milk back into blender.
12. Add 3 more cups of filtered water, vanilla, pinch of salt and sweetener.
13. Blend a bit.
14. Pour into pitcher and keep in fridge for one week.
I"ll try to get some pictures coming soon.