Were they just super hungry? Or was the soup really that good? ... I'd like to think it was the latter. :)
Here's the recipe:
10 cups (or so) water
chicken - whatever kind you have on hand, chicken with bones makes for a more nutritious soup
3 stalks celery, whole
2 large carrots, whole
1/2 onion, whole
2 tsp. sea salt - to be added later
bag of gf linguine - to be added later
1 T. parsely (dried or fresh)
1. Throw first 6 ingredients into a pot. Let it come to a boil. Turn it down to a simmer, cover with lid and allow to simmer for an hour or more. Add more water if necessary.
2. After chicken is thoroughly cooked, turn off unit. Spoon out everything from broth.
3. Chop up chicken and carrots and return to broth.
4. Add sea salt and the parsley.
5. Break linguine into chicken soup sized pasta and toss into pot. Add more water if necessary.
6. Boil until linguine is done and enjoy!
You can make it more nutritious by adding other veggies to it or adding egg yolks after its done cooking.