Now, being on the diet that we're on, we don't eat potatoes very often (due to its high starch content). When we do, we only use red potatoes (they contain less starch than baking potatoes) and it ends up being a bit of a treat - these fries surely made it so!
Here's the recipe:
Crispy-Crunchy French Fries
3-4 red potatoes
2 cups oil (grapeseed or safflower)
1 cup brown rice flour
1 1/2 tsps sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup (plus more)
1. Heat oil on a medium-high heat setting.
2. In the meantime, slice the potatoes into slightly thin wedges.
3. Mix together the last 5 ingredients.
4. Add 1/2 cup water plus more water until you get a slightly liquid batter.
5. Dip wedges into batter one at a time and gently drop into hot oil.
6. Add enough wedges until the bottom of the pan is filled with them.
7. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked thorough.
8. Place wedges on paper towel, allow to cool and enjoy!