Here's the recipe:
Vegetable and Basil Pasta
1 pkg long pasta (we used gluten free pasta)
3-4 tsps grapeseed oil (or other oil of your choosing)
1 head broccoli
1 1/2 tsp basil
3/4 - 1 tsp sea salt
1 quart jar (3-4 cups) chicken broth w/ meat pieces
1. Cook your pasta according to its directions. Set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, chop up the carrots and broccoli, keeping the two separated.
3. Pour the oil into a large skillet and turn temperature to medium to medium-high heat setting.
4. Place carrots into pan and simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
5. Add the broccoli, salt and basil to the carrots and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Pour the chicken broth into the veggies. Cover and allow to cook for another 5 minutes or until carrots are cooked to your liking. Add a bit of water back into the pan if its cooked away too much.
7. Add the pasta to the veggie mixture.
8. Serve the pasta into a bowl, sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese and perhaps enjoy it with a slice of sourdough bread sprinkled with a bit o' garlic salt.