Thursday, June 28, 2012

Waffle Sandwiches


We've been making sourdough waffles quite a bit lately - it's been one of my kids' favorite things to eat. So I decided to use the leftover waffles to make some sandwiches for lunch today. The kids' waffle sandwiches were kinda plain compared to the ones I made for my husband and I (they haven't acquired a taste for red onions or avocados yet)  but our sandwiches were so delicious I just had to post about them so that I remember how I made these.

(And, by the way, I've simplified the sourdough waffle recipe and we really like how light and fluffy these waffles turn out. You may want to check out the sourdough waffle recipe.)

Here's the recipe:


Waffle Sandwiches

Leftover waffles
Avocado
Red onion
Pesto
Sea salt, sprinkle
Aged cheese, sliced
Lettuce
Tomatoes, sliced
Sliced turkey

Layer these ingredients onto one half of your waffle, place the other waffle on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment