Saturday, June 16, 2012
Pesto & Caramelized Onion Sandwiches
Pesto & Caramelized Onion Sandwiches!
4 slices sprouted wheat or sourdough bread
3 onions, sliced
2 T. coconut or grapeseed oil
6 T. pesto
2-3 avocado's, sliced
Raw cheese, sliced or Parmesan cheese
How to make:
1. Melt the oil in a skillet, on medium heat. Add the onions and allow to cook, stirring frequently until the onions are lightly browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. Spread a layer of the pesto onto the bread slices and broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
3. Take bread out of oven and cut the pieces in half.
4. Place a layer of sliced avocado's on top.
5. Spoon some of the onions on top of the avocado's.
6. Sprinkle some of the cheese and paprika on top and enjoy!