Saturday, December 17, 2011
Recipe: Vegetable Lasagna
This is a very tasty version of lasagna - we don't miss the meat at all when eating this.
Here's the recipe:
9 lasagna noodles, cooked
1/2 head broccoli, chopped
1 small zucchini (yellow or green), chopped
1/2 - 1 onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 kale leaves, chopped
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
3-4 cups spaghetti sauce
cottage cheese mixture:
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 tsp basil
1/8 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup parm. cheese
1. Boil your water, add a couple dashes of salt and cook the lasagna noodles.
2. Chop up all veggies.
3. Place them in large frying pan. Add the seasoning and fry in olive oil for 6-8 minutes or until veggies are tender.
4. After the veggies have become tender, pour in spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer.
5. Mix together all ingredients for the cottage cheese mixture.
6. Layer the lasagna in a 9x12 baking dish:
Layer one: Spread a thin layer of the sauce mixture on bottom of baking dish.
Layer two: Lay down 3 of the lasagna noodles.
Layer three: Spread some of the sauce mix over the noodles. Sprinkle some parm. cheese on top.
Layer four: Add another layer of three noodles.
Layer five: Add another layer of the sauce mix.
Layer six: Spread all of the cottage cheese mixture on top.
Layer seven: Lay down the last three lasagna noodles.
Layer eight: Spread the last bit of the sauce mixture over the top of the noodles.
Layer eight: Finish by adding some grated cheese and a sprinkling of parm. cheese on top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes and serve!