Friday, August 13, 2010

Discovery: Traditional Methods of Storing Food

For whatever reasons I've always been hesitant about (pressure) canning or freezing my foods.

Both of these methods expose our precious food to extreme temperatures - ruining the nutrients within the food.

I've always wondered - Is there any other way?

Well just recently I've come across this and this website that explains that there indeed are traditional French methods of storing food that are less costly, more energy efficient and preserve the nutrients within our food - albeit it's more work - but we're ruining the "medicine" in our food if we aren't willing to take the time to learn these methods and put them into practice.

Some of these methods they briefly talk about are:

cold storage
lactic fermentation
and drying.

There's something really good here - I can feel it.

I can't wait to learn more and begin using these methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment