Our first well liked recipe within this new (temporary) "diet" of ours was a delightful side dish/dessert that went along side a hearty salad. This dessert contained many fresh strawberries dropped into a bowl of creamy strawberry coconut milk mixed with flax seed meal.
Here's the recipe:
1 can coconut milk
2 cups strawberries, chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla (alcohol free)
8-10 drops liquid stevia, 1 tsp raw honey, or neither
4-5 T. flax seeds, ground
1/4 cup almonds, ground/chopped
finely shredded coconut (optional)
1. Place all of coconut milk, 5 strawberries, vanilla and sweetener into a blender or food processor.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Add ground flax seeds. Pulse a few times until mixed in.
4. Place coconut milk mixture into bowls.
5. Place strawberries on top.
6. Sprinkle with ground almonds and coconut flakes.