Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blender Soup - Kale & Cabbage


Yesterday I made a made-up blender soup for the first time. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's not all that hearty but add it as a side dish to any meal and you'll be feeling good about the whole meal.

Simply place all of the ingredients listed below in a high powered blender, blending the ingredients on XL Smoothie 4 times and you've got yourself a yummy soup!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup cabbage
2 kale leaves/beet leaves
1 small tomato
1/2 carrot, chopped or shredded
1 green onion
1 small clove garlic
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 T. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp turmeric

This makes enough for 2 fairly large servings. I'm trying to make it a goal to add a small side bowl of this soup to every dinner meal and am figuring that this recipe will be enough for six small side bowls.

Super yummy! I drizzled mine with a bit more coconut milk and dashed a bit of paprika over the top. I know, it's not all that pleasing to the eye - but it's quite satisfying to the taste! Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment