Friday, April 27, 2012
Recipe: Liver Pate
Dr. McBride recommends a six step intro. diet before beginning the full GAPS diet. She suggests this because by doing so it helps jump start the healing process. She suggests eating chicken stock soup and, once ready for it, adding ingredients to the (cooled) chicken stock soup: yogurt or kefir, egg yolk(s), mashed avocado and ... liver pate.
Liver is a very nutritional, protein rich food that also contains CoQ10; an important healing enzyme great for healing the brain and other organs.
Here's the recipe for a yummy liver pate:
1 lb. liver from a grass fed, organic cow, chopped
1/2 to 1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp coconut oil, ghee, grapeseed oil or butter
1 cup yogurt or kefir
1. Chop up all your ingredients.
2. Place oil or butter in pan and fry up all the ingredients until liver is cooked through.
3. Allow liver mixture to cool.
4. Place mixture in blender along with yogurt or kefir.
5. Blend up and place in ice cube trays.
Place these frozen cubes in your warm soup. Refrain from placing them in hot soup - it will kill the probiotics in the kefir or yogurt.
This liver recipe is surprisingly good!