Here's the recipe:
Make the Basic Bean recipe as usual ... only, double the batch!
2 lb.'s ground meat
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp chili powder
6 Tbsp.'s ketchup
After the Basic Beans are done:
1. Begin to brown the meat (of your choosing) in a large skillet.
2. Add 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp onion powder.
3. Blend up the tomatoes until liquid.
4. Once the meat has browned add: tomato puree, ketchup and chili powder.
5. Stir together.
6. Stir in Basic Beans.
7. Add any extra salt or chili powder to taste.
8. Allow the chili to cool down, place in 6-7 quart sized jars, leaving close to an inch of space at the top of the jar and freeze!
We like to eat our chili by making scone tacos or eating in a bowl, sprinkled with some cheese with a side of naturally leavened spelt bread or we place the chili over baked potatoes.
(If you don't want to make quite this much, cut the ingredients in half in this recipe and don't double the Basic Bean recipe.)
*Note: I also like to freeze dough ahead of time. So along with taking out the chili I'd take out about 10 pre-frozen dough balls to go along with the meal.