(The photo of our spaghetti squash meal isn't so great - I never shredded the spaghetti squash. It came out in chunks and I left it that way. But it was still delicious.)
Here's the recipe:
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
1 spaghetti squash
2 large carrots
2 stalks celery
1/2 large onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1 large can crushed tomatoes
(or blend up 3-4 tomatoes in blender)
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup filtered water
1. Place spaghetti squash in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and boil for 40 - 50 minutes.
1. Cut the squash lengthwise and place the halves skin-side down in a baking dish filled with one inch of water and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes.
(Don't worry if you're spaghetti squash isn't cook until really soft. It'll be cooked some more later.)
2. Chop the carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper.
3. Heat some coconut oil in a skillet and add the carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
5. Shred insides of squash with a fork and transfer the spaghetti squash into the skillet along with the 1 cup water.
6. Allow to simmer, with lid on, for 15-18 minutes, adding more water, if necessary, until the spaghetti squash is thoroughly cooked.
* If desired, sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese.