I especially like this recipe because, keeping food storage in mind, I know how well onions and potatoes do being stored in cold storage all winter season long. This recipe can be made so easily with having only onions and potatoes stored away and requires little else to be able to make it and feed a family.
6 medium potatoes, grated
2 onions, grated
4 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
few dashes of pepper
1. Grate the potatoes (drain the juice) and the onions either by hand using a cheese grater or use the grating attachment for a food processor.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Heat large flat pan to medium-high heat or an electric pancake griddle to 400°.
4. Pour about 3/4 tbsp oil onto the areas you'll be placing the potato mixture.
5. Using your hands, grab about 3/4 cup of potato mixture and place on the areas that have been oiled.
6. Allow to fry for a few minutes or until the bottom is nice and golden brown.
7. Flip once its golden and allow the other side to become golden as well.
Serve by sprinkling with salt and pepper and, if wanted, add a dollop of sour cream on top.