Monday, August 8, 2011

Recipe: Mint Chocolate Chia Drink



I'm excited to use this recipe and enjoyed what I learned about the calcium content within chia seeds. What a great food storage item! I tweaked the recipes to help simplify them and omitted the powder mix they added to it. This is how:

Berry Chia Milk: 4-5 Tbsp chia seeds in one quart water (soaked overnight), pinch of salt, 2 tbsp honey/sucanat, fresh or thawed berries, 1/8-1/4 cup soaked almonds/hemp seeds/walnuts.

Chocolate Chia Milk: 4-5 Tbsp chia seeds soaked in one quart water (soaked overnight), pinch of salt, 3 Tbsp honey, 3 Tbsp raw cocoa, 1/8-1/4 cup soaked almonds/hemp seeds/walnuts.

I wouldn't be making a minty version but if I wanted a mint chocolate chia milk I'd add a few drops of DoTerra's peppermint oil.

Here's some more info about chia seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment