Broccoli, brown rice, onion, garlic, milk and red pepper makes this dish rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Here's the recipe:
Broccoli and Brown Rice Soup
(makes enough for 8+ servings)
1/2 onion, chopped
5 slices red pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
5-6 cups filtered water
4 cups chopped broccoli (and stems)
1 1/2 cups (raw) milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese of choice
4 cups cooked brown rice
Sea salt and pepper
1. Cook two cups of brown rice according to its cooking instructions.
2. Sauté all of "step one" ingredients for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add "step two" ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Blend the soup mixture with a handheld blender until blended up.
5. Turn off heat and add "step three" ingredients. Stir for a few minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.