Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Recipe: Berry Cream Pie

Michelle Stewart shared this Berry Cream Pie on her blog.


We made it for family home evening and everyone loved it.


Little did they know they were eating and benefiting from:


live cultures from yogurt
live cultures from cream cheese
coconut
coconut oil
almonds
dates
and a little lemon

You can find the recipe here!

I made up my own recipe for the topping. I simply sliced some strawberries. Used another 6 small strawberries and blended them up until liquid and added a little agave to this liquid.

After the "pie" had been refrigerated for 30+ minutes, I placed the sliced strawberries on top and poured the strawberry liquid over that.

I do think it would taste even better with raspberries instead of strawberries though.

Blueberries or blackberries would be great too.

Thanks Michelle!

Note: I guess not all cream cheeses are created equally either. I was hesitant in using it because (after all) it's made from pasteurized milk. But I guess Organic Valley cultures theirs - giving us that good bacteria/probiotics (live organisms) to aid digestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment