Monday, August 9, 2010

Appliance: A Juicer

A juicer.

It's a must have for me.

Especially trying to go 70% raw.

And especially knowing how nutritionally-packed a delicious juiced drink is.

We have the Jack Lalanne juicer. It's great for juicing all kinds of vegetables and fruits. It does a really good job at getting almost all of the juice from plants. And it cleans up easily.

We also have a Champion juicer. It works well too. But perhaps doesn't juice it quite as well as the Lalanne juicer. But it's good for other things that the Lalanne juicer can't do. I'll mention those things at a later time.

Here's the "recipe" I make a few times a week:

1/2 beet (with stems)
1/3 of a large cucumber
3 carrots
3 celery stalks

Sometimes I add an apple or half a lime. This recipe makes enough for two full glasses.

My body usually lets me know what I'm needing.

It's fun mixing up all sorts of things.

And it always so refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment