Saturday, May 4, 2013

Egg-Bacon-Spinach Mix



We've been eating this for breakfast every morning. I usually don't purchase or eat pig meat because I believe it's an unhealthy meat to consume but sometimes I say - whatever!!

Just remember that Nitrate-free bacon is best.

After purchasing my bacon I cut the bacon in half, take 5-6 of the half  pieces and freeze them in individual baggies. That way I can pull one out in the morning and cook it up - making our eggs more of a treat rather than mundane, egg-eating, drudgery.

Here's the recipe:

3 pieces of bacon
8-10 eggs
1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) spinach
sea salt
pepper

1. Cook up the bacon until its lightly browned.

2. Set on paper towel.

3. Begin scrambling up eggs in bacon grease.

4. Add spinach half way through egg cooking time (maybe 3-4 minutes).

5. Chop up bacon.

5. Once eggs are all cooked and spinach is all thawed - sprinkle with salt, pepper (to taste) and bacon pieces.

6. Stir a bit and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment