Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Sauer" Salad


This is my latest favorite salad. It's a refreshing probiotic rich salad that is packed with nutrition and comes with a sour (or "sauer") kick!

The sauerkraut, pickles and apple cider vinegar in this salad are rich in good bacteria (not to mention awesome enzymes and nutrients as well) which makes this salad sooo good for us.

Here are the ingredients - pile them on as you please:

Spring Mix Salad
Carrots, chopped
Cucumbers, diced
Pickles, diced (get REAL pickles from health food store)
Avocado, diced
Sauerkraut (home made or bought from health food store)
Bee Pollen Granules
Pine Nuts
Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, sprinkled on top

Note: Why is my sauerkraut purple? It's purple because I've been making a delicious sauerkraut version that uses carrots and beets and, in my opinion, is even better for our digestive system than "normal" sauerkraut because it contains higher amounts of natural sugars that help feed the good bacteria. (My body told me so.) :)

Recipe coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment