Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Extra: Importance of Digestive Health

I feel a burden on my shoulders - this burden is unlike those every day burdens that naturally accompany life. And this burden comes with a feeling of sadness.

What is causing my burden?

It's the lack of vibrant health so many, especially ones I love, are living with.

So many of us are struggling with our health and one of the biggest culprits for this is none other than an impaired digestive system. Candida, IBS, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Depression, Anxiety, Eczema, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Celiac Disease, Autism, ADD, ADHD, Schizophrenia.

I have family, dear friends and even my friends' children who are suffering from all sorts of symptoms due to a damaged digestive system.

So why does this burden me so?

Because I feel that I have come across an answer that would greatly help solve these health problems. But the message is so large. And the method can be so intimidating. And the healing process is lengthy.

Because of these three factors people either: A) Don't realize how right-on the solution is. B) They are easily scared off by having to learn how to make foods that are new to them and having to eat differently. And C) They feel that there's got to be a different method that will have quicker results.

So what is this method?

It's the re-invented SCD diet. GAPS is what Dr. McBride calls it.

She cured her son of severe autism.

She. Cured. Her. Son. Of. AUTISM!

And he was only the first one to be cured through this method.

So why are so many dealing with impaired digestive systems?

Take these points into account and its a no brainer:

1 - Our mother's didn't have a hearty supply of good bacteria and therefore we, as babies, weren't exposed to such either.
2 - Then we were exposed to who knows how many doses of antibiotics - killing off even more of our already insufficient amount of good bacteria.
3 - Then we eat all kinds of junk foods, sugary foods, that feed and allow the "bad" bacteria to thrive.
4 - And lastly, we don't eat nearly enough foods (or any at all) containing good/beneficial bacteria.

And here we all are - suffering! There's a new section on my blog (on the right hand side titled: Digestive Health) that I'm going to be adding posts to. All the foods contained in that section are healing and strengthening to the gut. All the links to articles and books are must-reads to those struggling with their health.

With all my heart I want to get to a point in my life where I can share this news with many and make a difference for those who need some support as they regain their health.

Here's an informative presentation that Dr. McBride gave concerning the GAPS diet and why a healthy digestive system is SO important:

No comments:

Post a Comment