Here's the recipe:
Kale Onion and Quinoa Special
(makes enough for 2-3 servings)
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 Tbsps coconut or grapeseed oil
1 onion, sliced
1-2 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 red pepper, diced
3-4 kale leaves, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt
raw cheddar cheese, cubed in small pieces
1. Cook your quinoa according to pkg. directions.
2. Melt oil in pan.
3. Add onion. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until onions become tender and fairly translucent.
4. Add garlic and red pepper. Simmer an additional 4-5 minutes.
5. Add kale. Stir frequently as it cooks. Cook for 3 minutes or until kale becomes wilted.
6. Sprinkle with salt and stir.
7. Place desired portion of the quinoa in the bottom of a dish.
8. Add the kale mixture on top.
9. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over it.
10. Drop cubed cheese pieces on top, add a little extra salt (if desired) and enjoy!
We ate this with a side of naturally leavened spelt bread (recipe coming soon), smeared with a bit of butter and sprinkled with a pinch of sea salt.