Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Discovery: Green Smoothies

Although there is a way to increase the nutrients in cooked foods such as sprouting the grains we use or staying away from any processed foods and instead making our meals from scratch -

no matter what, we need live food like veggies and fruits.

Especially green leafy plants.

I was exposed to a whole new world the first time I went to one of Robyn Openshaw's class. She's all about eating green - and is all about taking in our green's through smoothies. She has a plethora of health information, has a blog, and has a book.

She's amazing!

Which is why I'd recommend anyone over to her.

We were drinking green smoothies every day while I was gung-ho on the idea. Now we drink them sporadically. But the idea is one everyone should know about.

Here's our favorite green smoothie recipe:

handful of spinach
2 kale leaves
frozen peaches
1 or more cups of raw apple juice
2-3 tbsps coconut oil

Blend it up. Add a little water to desired consistency.

It's actually really good and so satisfying. My body always thanks me for these.

Enjoy the goodness of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment